NMIMS | SAS® – Business Analytics & Data Mining Championship 2018
The Data Analytics and Mining Championship will attracts participation from across India to anyone and everyone. The participants are divided in two sections
- Working Professionals
Based on the education Qualification, particpants can apply to either Categories.
Although, participants can compete individually, we recommend taking part in groups of Maximum 3 persons.
Groups can be formed after you register individually for the event. You can form your own Group or join an existing Group. Members should form groups only from same Category. If members of a group are found to be from different categories, it may lead to disqualification of the group.
Its Easy Yet Challenging!!
Get SAS verified Digital Badge
All participants and winners will get SAS verified digital badges. This digital image contains verified meta data that can be shared on all social media sites.
Details of Championship
Date: 1st Sept, 2018 onwards – Online Assessment
- Online Assessment for all Participants (each member of the group will have to take the assessment)
- Questions on Assessments will be based on “Aptitude, Base SAS®, Data Science Awareness & Statistical Knowledge
- Free E-Learning will be provided to each participant on all SAS® Subjects in the assessment
- Participants will be provided with Verified SAS® Badges (Participant Badge)
- To Practice, students can download SAS® software – University Edition
- Top 80 team will proceed to Round – 2
Date: 4th & 5th Oct, 2018 at NMIMS Mumbai Campus
- Participants will have to visit NMIMS Mumbai Campus for Round 2 & 3
- On Day-1, participants will be provided a mentor and Problem Statement will be given to them.
- They will be provided NMIMS Lab equipped with SAS Software to solve the problem Statement (Internet Access will be provided)
- Participants will be given 24 hours to solve the problem statement
- Participants should submit all the observations to respective Jury at the end of round 2
- Jury will provide marks to each group after submission. Top 10 teams will proceed to Round 3
Date: 6th Oct, 2018 at NMIMS Mumbai Campus
- Participants will be asked to give 10-15 minutes Presentation on their findings to the Jury memebers
- Jury members will rate the participants and will select Top 3 Winners from each category
- Prizes will be distributed on Last day of the event
- Job Fair will be available on last day of the event
1st Runner Up
Cash Prize INR 1,50,000/-
Verified Winning Badge by SAS®
Cash Prize of INR 2,00,000/-
Sponsorship to travel to US to participate in Global DAC forum
Verified Winning Badge by SAS®
2nd Runner Up
Cash Prize INR 1,00,000/-
Verified Winning Badge by SAS®
Samples Assessment questions with Options
Which can be described as a common goal of statistical modelling ?
As a CAO , you want to pick a data scientist for your organization. Five candidates have equally strong technical skills and statistical know-how , which additional trait you would prefer:
a) Research experience
b) Scientific Approach
c) Domain expertise
d) Communication and Organization skills
Which of the following may involve lots of graphs and pictures?
a) Descriptive Analytics
b) Inferential Analytics
c) Predictive Analytics
d) Prescriptive Analytics
What is the second argument in SAS® substr function ?
What is the probability of selecting a prime number from 1,2,3,… 10 ?
A bank collects data for its online visitors and their online viewing patterns on web site. Which technique might be appropriate for analysis of such data ?
a) Cluster Analysis
b) Factor Analysis
c) Association Rules
d) Regression Analysis
Distribution of Questions in Online Assessment
Aptitude – 30 questions
Base SAS – 10 questions
Data Science Awareness – 10 questions
Statistical Knowledge – 10 questions
What is the duration of Assessment and number of questions?
The test shall be of 45 mins with 60 questions
What kind of questions should be expected on Assessment
Questions of Assessment will be based on
- Base SAS®
- Data Science Awareness
- Statistical Knowledge
Should the team be from same College / Institute?
NO, there is no restrictions in formation of Group, however members of the Group should be from Same “Category”
Can I participate individually
YES, you can participate. However we encourage you to form a group as Stage 2 will require Group participation to solve the problem statement
Where will be the Assessment held
Assessment will be held Online. You will need a computer / Laptop with
- Updated Web Browser (Google Chrome Preferred)
- Internet Connection
Will Assessment be individual or group?
It will be an individual Assessment i.e. each member of the group has to give the Assessment.
What is the Internet bandwidth required for Online Assessment?
2 MBPS + should be sufficient
How can I check if my system has all necessary software’s for Online Assessment?
You need an Updated Web Browser (Chrome Preferred)
How will I know if I have cleared the Assessment?
After 2 days of Assessment, you will receive an Email / Notification in which we will inform your assessment score and Eligibility for Stage – 2
What will be provided for the Championship
You will be provided with
a. Internet Connection
b. Computer (NMIMS LAB)
c. SAS Software
d. Sleeping Bags
e. Food & Refreshements
What is the nearest Railway Station to reach NMIMS
What should I do once I reach the Campus
Registration desk will be available at the “Atrium” for Signup’s. Further instructions will be provided from the desk
What is the time duration for the Stage - 2
The time duration to Solve the problem is 24 hours!
When will you declare results of Stage - 2
Results will be declared on 14th Oct Morning
What is the method of Evaluation
The Evaluation process will be shared at the day of event by respective Authority
Will I be eligible for Job Fair
Yes, all the participants of Stage – 2 & Stage – 3 will be eligible for Job Fair. It is preferred that you carry 10-15 copies of your Resume before arriving the Campus
What is the duration of Presentation
Each group will be given 10-15 minutes for presentation
What should be the content of presentation
The presentation should contain their Problem Solving approach, method & codes… Kindly save all Log files and entire process. The more efficiently you are able to present you findings, the greater your chance to win the Championship
What happens after the presentation is completed
After all the Groups has given the presentation, jury members will declare the winner immediately and prize ceremony will be held